Tuesday, 7 April 2009

Beginning

First of all, welcome to my blog. This is my very first blog (Yayyy!!!) and so an introduction is undoubtedly suitable. I once owned a website related to a movie I love but with time I lost interest and due to lack of time had to shut it down. I am planning not to follow the same example this time.

I've been born with a passion for literature. I have always adored books since I was a little girl and relatives and friends have always helped to fuel my passion by buying me books as gifts for various occasions. To this day, (even though not many years have passed :P ) a book is one of the greatest gifts anyone can give me. Needless to say, I love to spend a generous amount of my allowance on books, as long as I have interesting books to keep me occupied in my free time. My greatest wish is to have more time to dedicate for reading but this is generally not the case. So many books, so little time. *sigh*

For me, literature is a great way to escape reality particularly fiction. It's a brilliant alternative to the real world. I can boast of a fruitful imagination and often find myself immersed in a world synonymous to what I am currently reading.

My imagination also proves worthwhile to my other passion - writing. My ideal career would be that of a writer but unfortunately where I live, this does not make much of a living. Anyway, another great wish of mine ( I should get a genie to grant all of my wishes :P) is to successfully write a book one day, or more than one for that matter. I have attempted to write snippets of text at times ( although most of these are fanfictions) and my ex-English teacher once told me that I am a brilliant storyteller, so I will not entirely abandon that prospect in the future.

Anyway, I will be using this blog to review any books which I'll be reading in the future or have read already. I will also try to post some of my attempts at writing. After all this long rant, I realised I haven't talked about my favourite genres. I really love to read a gripping story, adore page-turners (like everyone else, I suppose), love romance and fantasy but mostly I tend to incline towards historical fiction. I am a history graduate who is particularly interested in all kinds of history but especially any history concerning women. I have come across various blogs and sites across the web regarding the historical fiction genre, which I'll be glad to share with you. Also, if you'd like to add me as a friend, feel free to do so.

In the meantime, bye bye and talk to you later. :) xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alison! Welcome to the world of book blogging. Everything looks great. I can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! Be careful...it's addicting, but so much fun! Can't wait to see what you are reviewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your passion and love for literature inspire me to explore more books and to read...you will make a great writer someday! mark my words..;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome!

    I alos like historical fiction. It's one of my favorite genres. I've done quite a few reviews in this area.

    ReplyDelete